The ASK Game – Having FUN while ASKING for support!
Who says you can’t have fun in business while learning new skills? One week to stronger ASK skills and stronger sales conversations!
Darla LeDoux of Aligned Entrepreneurs challenged some us to play this game for a week. The premise…ASK for something at least 5 times per day.
What can you ASK for?
Whatever you can think of…Some initial ideas…
- Someone to open the door for you.
- Someone to check your emails / send your emails.
- Some to take out the trash.
- Free fries!
- An ice cream cone in lieu of the toy at Chick-fil-A
- Someone to turn the heater on in the bathroom.
- Help making phone calls.
- Help writing blog posts.
- Assistance with a newsletter.
- Someone to put your luggage in the overhead storage on the airplane.
- New hot water for tea while at dinner.
- Ask a clarification question about a menu item at a restaurant.
- Ask for paper at the hotel front desk.
- Someone else to make the holiday turkey.
- Someone to watch your child so you can work.
The list is only limited by your imagination…
What is the purpose of the game?
We all need support in our personal lives and our businesses. Many times we have been that we must do it all, bootstrap, do it all. Think superwoman and superman syndrome.
In order to grow our businesses:
- We must learn to ask for support in areas that are not the best use of our time.
- We must learn to ask others to do joint ventures and be strategic partners or affiliates.
The game is a fun way to start growing your ASK muscle.